Therapy for marriage and relationships can provide couples the counseling and treatment they need to improve their communication and the understanding partners have for each other.
Making the decision to go to therapy involves admitting that things are not perfect in the relationship. River City Clinic has professional staff such as Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, Psychologists, and Professional Clinical Counselors who are specifically trained to address the concerns of married partners and couples. With the first call, we can help with selecting a provider, answer insurance questions and other financial aspects of the commitment, and find a time that fits everyone’s schedule. Once the couple is working with a therapist, it is possible to learn new and different behaviors, develop greater understanding of each other, and to commit to change. A trained marriage and couple therapist is an advocate and seeks to help couples either work together to improve their relationship or find a kind and amicable way to separate.
Admitting that you need help is the bravest and most loving gesture you can make towards your relationship.
Ways We Can Help:
- Establish a place and time where both partners are free to express vulnerability and work to rebuild the foundation of their relationship after a breach of trust
- Help provide the couple with communication tools that will help them connect, hear, and understand each other better on a daily basis
- Identify patterns of poor communication and/or chronic resentment that may be causing conflict and work to create a healthy dynamic
- Provide a safe and supportive place for couples to bring up things that are difficult to talk about in other settings
- Work on keeping the relationship bond strong after a life crisis or turmoil, which can serve to unite and give a couple strength to weather the storm together
- Address and re- prioritize emotional and /or physical intimacy which can be both a symptom and a cause of relationship issues